Skip to main content

Film: My Name is Khan... From the epiglottis

Sometimes you hear about a movie and you want to like it for any of a number of good reasons, in my case I have never really got taken over by Bollywood films seen a few but to date ... My name is Khan had me even with the quite daggy line ... " My name is Khan ... and I am not a terrorist!" which is repeated over & over.
Don't get me wrong the film has a fantastic premise Indian man grows up close to his mother which makes his sibling jealous, mother dies, both sons end up in America ... then 9/11... lots of tension to work with there, he eventually goes on a pilgrimage to meet the president to say... " My name is Khan ... and I am not a terrorist!" even the fact that he suffers from Asperger's Syndrome could work and I can certainly see where it would make the character more acceptable to American audiences but it led to some very bizarre situations at some points, like Khan's visit to Willamina Georgia where he meets "mama" Jenny & Funny hair Joel two full blown black, southern cliches' and they all eventually suffer through an unnamed hurricane in what seems an abandoned baptist church while the congregation sings "we shall overcome". Whoo Boy! At points as strange as it sounds it reminded me a lot of Forrest Gump, Khan does repeat his mothers words of wisdom... "There are two types of people in the world, good ones & bad one's"
Listen you should definitely see it despite the flaws it's not a bad film, could've been great, but not bad.
In over 2 hours it did'nt really cover any of the many very powerful ideas but hey if you are one of the unfortunates that sat through say... hmm, Twin Peaks you could watch this easily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does there have to be a racial component?

Why does their have to be a racial component to everything? People in Louisiana are suffering & dying, what the hell difference does it make what colour they are. If we could agree that ALL people are the same not in legislation but in our hearts life would be much better. Yes… simplistic I know but if it is… then why have we not done it?

A Decidedly Black Post- (advice for young lifers! ) part 1 of an exclusive 1,000,000 part Series

That's it friends, . I've finally flipped it! I'm going to keep writing on my favourite subject "Why humans (myself included) are so damn stupid", for a million posts or until the world's problems are solved... or fail to do so! and then... I'm going over to my window, to slide it open and shout... "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore! I've had enough of these life sucking idiots constantly assaulting me with their half-baked ideas about how the world is shaped, conveniently over looking the very basic fact that we should be shaping our world and we would if we could get up off our big fat asses for more than 5 minutes to get involved I can no longer take the endless waste and the resistance to truth that the way we live has brought. So whatcha you gonna do about it ... Mr. Schmarty, pants? well... glad You asked! First we gotta go way back... to take a look at all the crap we refused to give proper c

Are we so different?

When I started this blog my intent was to make a case for our sameness as a race... to highlight the falseness of the spaces that separate us. I wanted to simply say to all the people on this planet ( My Family) that it is much wiser to get together than it is to continue down the road killing everyone we see for arbitrary reasons of our own creation. Now don't get me wrong... I am not the salt of the earth, not filled with the milk of human kindness, nor am I the guy that would be described as one that would give you the shirt off his back. I am a simple realist... It is simply "bad for business" to hate, and in my humble opinion quite simple-minded. When I was young and still forming, the impulse to go along with the crowd just was not in me I don't know why. When I left my home to play or go to school it was always an adventure (it still is) I wanted to meet people... in my neighborhood, town, country, world... and as my circle got larger I realized that it was har