Skip to main content

Groups




Listen... It is sad to say but No matter how hard we try... none of us can avoid being put into some group.
Black, White, Asian, Jew.
Man, Woman.
Straight, Gay.
Those are just the easy ones... it seems the longer I live, the more subsets I hear of and/or are added to, I guess that just comes with the gift of life.
I have never really understood why the desire to break life down to subjective groupings is so attractive.
I have to accept it ... I guess... but i can't shake the feeling that we'd be much better off if we could take the judgment out of our little groupings.
There has... as long as I can remember, been one particular bit of nonsense that gets my blood boiling and sad to say that I have heard this same nonsense come from the mouths of just about every kind of person.
I'm sure you know it... it goes like this... " I have no problem with _ _ _ _ _ _ " or " _ _ _ _ control everything"
or " _ _ _ _ _ _ just need to get over it" or " _ _ _ _ _ commit all the crime" I have unfortunately been subjected to the "logic" that is always put forth to justify these ridiculous statements. The "Statistics", observations & half truths that never stand when challenged... the problem is they are almost never challenged!
I am still astounded when a acquaintance starts in with " Oh ... you know that _ _ _ _ _ own the whole neighborhood!" Or " it's never been the same since _ _ _ _ came into the block" and somehow they expect me to nod in agreement, it is even more astounding when considering the "group" I am placed in on first sight... I mean... I would have to be some kind of very special idiot to believe that the untruths that have plagued me throughout my life, the ones that have been widely accepted as truth, the ones that have made my existence at times a true horror would be true of another... without question!
It has always left me baffled when a person that I had always thought was reasonable ... somehow gets it in his/her mind that I could somehow be a receptive audience to their statements of " no ... really they're just genetically different!"
I guess that all I am trying to say in this run on sentence is ... I guess I am lucky indeed to have met enough people to say with full confidence that most of what is said about any group is ... Bullshit!
That being said ... Politicians do lie a lot! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does there have to be a racial component?

Why does their have to be a racial component to everything? People in Louisiana are suffering & dying, what the hell difference does it make what colour they are. If we could agree that ALL people are the same not in legislation but in our hearts life would be much better. Yes… simplistic I know but if it is… then why have we not done it?

A Decidedly Black Post- (advice for young lifers! ) part 1 of an exclusive 1,000,000 part Series

That's it friends, . I've finally flipped it! I'm going to keep writing on my favourite subject "Why humans (myself included) are so damn stupid", for a million posts or until the world's problems are solved... or fail to do so! and then... I'm going over to my window, to slide it open and shout... "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore! I've had enough of these life sucking idiots constantly assaulting me with their half-baked ideas about how the world is shaped, conveniently over looking the very basic fact that we should be shaping our world and we would if we could get up off our big fat asses for more than 5 minutes to get involved I can no longer take the endless waste and the resistance to truth that the way we live has brought. So whatcha you gonna do about it ... Mr. Schmarty, pants? well... glad You asked! First we gotta go way back... to take a look at all the crap we refused to give proper c

Are we so different?

When I started this blog my intent was to make a case for our sameness as a race... to highlight the falseness of the spaces that separate us. I wanted to simply say to all the people on this planet ( My Family) that it is much wiser to get together than it is to continue down the road killing everyone we see for arbitrary reasons of our own creation. Now don't get me wrong... I am not the salt of the earth, not filled with the milk of human kindness, nor am I the guy that would be described as one that would give you the shirt off his back. I am a simple realist... It is simply "bad for business" to hate, and in my humble opinion quite simple-minded. When I was young and still forming, the impulse to go along with the crowd just was not in me I don't know why. When I left my home to play or go to school it was always an adventure (it still is) I wanted to meet people... in my neighborhood, town, country, world... and as my circle got larger I realized that it was har